Saturday, August 22, 2009

Nicollette


Yesterday my Girlfriend gave me the greatest gift.
My very nice Mom drove Nicollette down for our last date before we both set apart for several months. That makes me laugh, it almost sounds like a movie where both of characters are sailing apart going on their quests in the sunset. Wow, that is weird, I am listening to Pandora radio and randomly two songs came on by accident
Wish You Were Here by Incubus and So Far Away by Stained.
Sorry for being all over the place but that was just weird cause I was about to talk about leaving my friends and family and those two ironic songs come on. Ok I'll go back to where I was...
So when I got picked up me and Nicollette went to sushi and had a great dinner. We had fun, great talks between each other and pretty much had the best going away dinner ever! After dinner we got a little lost and took a little bit of a detour accidently, but in that process she whipped out this little envelope filled with a card. I could definitely tell she put a lot of effort into this because of the anticipation showing on her face. And besides Nicollette always puts a lot of effort into everything done by her. Obviously, I mean she graduated with two degrees at once. But this surprise blew me away. I opened the envelope and saw the little blue card with a prewritten silver fonted front, two beautiful flowers that distinctly reminded me of the corsage that I made for Nicollette from the flower plants outside of Red Robin. As I opened the card I was overwhelmed with words. She filled both pages with writing, one of these writings included a full poem. A special poem written for me. I couldn't believe how incredible this was. The pre-written part of the card was, as I can tell genuine and picked because of who I am.
I felt like crying before I even read it, and this is how it went....

Since I met you,
all I can think about
is making you happy.
I want to see your smile
and hear your laughter.
I want to kiss away old hurts
and hold you until you know
without a doubt
that this is for real.
I want to memorize
the sound of your voice
and the dreams of your hear..

This part is what meant the most to me. Nicollette wrote this all by herself...

Hey Boyfriend :] I decided that I wanted to write you a poem... soo here it goes.

I remember the first moment you looked into my eyes and saw more than just a friend....
I remember the first moment that I held your hand... I remember the first moment I felt your lips touch mine... I remember the first time you held me against you...

Every moment with you I feel happy.
I feel safe. I feel... Thankful. I feel perfect...
You make my world stop.
I never knew...
I never knew that four years ago I would meet the guy...
The guy that could make smile, just by looking at me...
The guy that would give me butterflies... Everyday.
The guy that makes everyday feel like a dream...
I never knew that it could be like this... :]

I adore you Boyfriend. And I know what we have is amazing . And we can make it no matter how long we have to be apart. "This is our fate... I'm yours!
Love,
your Girlfriend
Nicollette Zuniga

I am happy to be with Nicollette, soo very much. I felt so deep and happy I just had to post this on her wall.

Hey Girlfriend. I just want you to know that I adore you, believe in you and love to be with you. Our separation will make the both of us stronger and wiser. I am positive our relationship will thrive and flourish but I want to make it clear for that you, not just as my Girlfriend but as a person you are an amazing human being. It isn't just because of your circumstances that you are above and beyond, but because that is what you decided. I have respected that every day of my life. This isn't my goodbye, this is my see you later "note", remember to believe in yourself and to never give up. Thank you for being in my life Nicollette. This quote will be the basis of my life and I hope you love it too.

"Become who you are and change who you aren't" -Jason Russell, Invisible Children


1 comment:

  1. Steven,
    Sorry for creeping but i stumbled upon this on facebook and thought this was really cute.
    I can relate to you and your girlfriend on this very much.
    My girlfriend and i have a very similar love.
    After watching you with your girlfriend and reading this i know your guys' love will grow stronger from this experience.
    I know my love for my girlfriend/bestfriend continues to grow each and everyday we are apart.
    anyways
    we can talk more about this later.
    We can definately relate.
    Peace man.
    ~Andrew

    ReplyDelete